1. This policy governs the use of your personal information by Mypropertyisworth.co.nz.
2. Mypropertyisworth is owned and operated by Mypropertyisworth Limited.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
C/O Compliance Officer
50 Harvest Drive
INTERPRETATION AND AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
HOW WE COLLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
7. Your personal information will be collected and held by Mypropertyisworth Limited.
8. When you use the Mypropertyisworth Website and Services, you may be asked to provide certain personal information including the following:
a. identification information (e.g. name, date of birth, residential address, photograph of your face);
b. your gender, age, occupation, ethnicity, interests and/or property purchasing history;
c. documentation containing your personal information, such as your passport or driver’s licence.
9. When you use our Website or the Mypropertyisworth Services, we will collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include (without limitation):
a. computer IP address;
b. referral URL;
d. data about the web-pages and Property Files you access; and
e. statistics on page views and other information.
10. We may also collect information about you from other sources, these may include:
a. identity verification service provider; or
b. Real Estate Agents or other person/entity involved with or facilitating any part of the Mypropertyisworth Services or any other services related to the Mypropertyisworth Website.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
11. We use your information to facilitate your use of the Mypropertyisworth Website, provide you our Services, improve our Services and Website and keep you informed about our Services. Our use of your information will include the following purposes:
a. providing you access to and use of to the Mypropertyisworth Website and our Services, including to:
1. create and administer your User Account on the Mypropertyisworth Website;
2. register you as a participant, on the Mypropertyisworth Website;
3. verify your identify;
4. provide customer support;
5. improve and customise your experience of our Services and Website;
6. detect, manage, enforce and prevent any violation of our Website Terms or other agreement between you and Mypropertyisworth, and to ensure and/or facilitate compliance with any law, industry rules or regulations;
7. credit assessment or debt recovery purposes; and
8. the performance of any Services you request from Mypropertyisworth.
b. to keep you informed about our Services we will use your information to contact you about:
1. any updates, news or changes to our Website or Services;
2. any issues regarding your User Account(s) and the Services you receive from us; and
3. in relation to any Auction or Property that you have requested updates for, we will notify you updates and information about that Auction or Property.
c. provided that you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional material from us, so that Mypropertyisworth or third parties may contact you for marketing and research purposes, including:
1. to request your participation in marketing research and surveys; and
2. to promote and market our Services, or any Property to you.
d. to gather, monitor, create, share and publish information about trends and behaviours relevant to the real estate industry, Mypropertyisworth Website and to our Services; and
e. any other purpose notified to you at the time of collection.
HOW WE DISCLOSE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
13. We may disclose your personal information to:
a. other Users for the following purposes:
1. to allow another User to communicate with you with respect to any Property or Auction; and
2. to facilitate your use of the Mypropertyisworth Services/Website.
b. a Real Estate Agent for the following purposes:
1. To provide the online e valuation of your property
2. marketing or promoting a Property, including by email if you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional material from Real Estate Agents.
c. our service providers or other third party service providers that are providing a service to you or us in relation to the Website or Services, for example any service provider providing customer service, technology support services and identity verification services;
e. in an aggregated and anonymized form, to third parties (including as part of a data sale);
f. any credit assessment provider, or debt collection agency; and
g. on your request, to a mortgage broker or financial services provider.
14. Any information that you post on our Website in a public venue, including in an Auction, will be available to any User or visitor of the Website.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
15. You agree that any information you give to Mypropertyisworth will be accurate, correct and up to date, and that when acting on behalf of a business or another person, you are authorised to give such information to us.
16. You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
17. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and to request that we amend it if it is incorrect.
PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
19. When you submit your form to use the Mypropertyisworth Website you are responsible for providing true and accurate information about your property.
20. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your User Account, whether or not you have authorised such activities or actions.
21. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of your User Account, you must notify Mypropertyisworth immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
22. Mypropertyisworth has electronic and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, access, misuse and, alteration and/or unauthorised disclosure of the information under our control. However, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to Mypropertyisworth and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Your use of our Services and Website is at your own risk.
23. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of the Website.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
27. Should you wish to make public comments or statements about our Website or the Services we provide you, or the relationship we have with you, we reserve the right to make such public comments as may be necessary to respond or correct any misconceptions or errors of fact. If you make any public comments about your User Account then you agree to us replying as we think appropriate using the information that we have about your User Account.
RESIDENTS OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND